Learn how to ensure a positive and productive Webex experience with the extensive range of Presenter Tools available. A description and a guide are provided below.
- Share. Share documents, applications, web browser, web content, desktop, or whiteboard (like the Share menu).
- Open. Open a PowerPoint file or a file previously saved in Universal Communication Format (UCF).
- Save. Save the selected file in the Content Viewer as a UCF file. PowerPoint files and whiteboards can be saved in UCF format for faster loading.
- Previous/Next Slide. Use to move back and forth through a presentation. If the presentation has builds or transitions, arrows will advance each transition or build. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard or the spacebar to advance slides in the Content Viewer.
- Slide List. Use to move back and forth through a presentation. If the presentation has builds or transitions, arrows will advance each transition or build. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard or the spacebar to advance slides in the Content Viewer.
Screen View. Toggle back and forth between Full Screen View and Meeting Room View. In Full Screen View, the presentation fills the entire screen. Meeting Room View displays Polling, Q&A, and Participant tabs.
Note: participants can switch between Meeting Room and Full Screen views. If the presenter changes view, participants' views change.
- Zoom. Use to zoom in and out in the Content Viewer.
Thumbnail. View thumbnails of the slide presentation on the left-hand side of the Content Viewer.
Note: Thumbnails are only available in the Meeting Room View. Click again to leave thumbnail view.
- Synch View. Synchronize all participants' views to the same view as the presenter.
- Laser. Use this red circle pointer to draw attention to specific areas of the screen (follows cursor in Content Viewer). Click again to turn laser off.
- Pointer (Arrow). Use to draw attention to specific points on screen. Appears when left-mouse button is clicked. Color of the arrow is the same as the color assigned when joining the event. Click again to turn pointer off.
- Text. Enter text in the Content Viewer on either slides or whiteboard. Color of text is the same as the color assigned when joining the event. Change text color by selecting from the color palette (last icon at the right of the toolbar). Click again to turn text tool off.
- Drawing. Draw annotations in the Content Viewer. Default tool is the highlighter pen. Click the drop-down arrow to choose from pencil, line, ellipse, square, arrows, check mark, or X. Color of annotations is the same as the color assigned when joining event. Select from different colors by using annotation color palette. Click again to turn off drawing tool.
- Eraser. Erase individual annotations in the Content Viewer (cursor changes to a crosshair). Click on an annotation to erase. Click the drop-down arrow next to the eraser tool, and select Clear All Annotations to erase all annotations. Select Clear My Pointer or Clear All Pointers to erase pointers.
- Color Palette. Click the drop-down arrow to open the Annotation Color Palette. Select a color from the palette for text annotations and drawing annotations. Click the X to close the color palette.
Sharing presentations, documents, and applications
Presentation or document. To share a presentation or document, select Share > Presentation or Document from the menu bar, or click the Share button on the toolbar and select Presentation or Document. Browse to the desired presentation or document. Click Open.
When you share a presentation or document, the presentation or document appears in the Content Viewer.
- Application. To share an application, select Share > Application from the menu bar, or click the Share button on the tool bar and select Application. The Share Application dialog box will display all of the applications currently running. Select the application you wish to share from the Share Application dialog box. Click Share. If the application is not currently running, click the radio button labeled List all applications. Select the application you wish to share from the Share Application dialog box. Click Share.
When you share an application, the application opens a new window on the presenter's and participants' computers.
Pause or stop sharing an application, web browser, or desktop
To pause sharing or stop sharing an application, web browser, or desktop, first locate the Sharing icon. The Sharing icon will likely be located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
You can also use the Shared Application icon from the System Tray on your Taskbar, located in the lower right-hand corner near the system clock.
Pause sharing. Use pause sharing to freeze the participant's view of the shared application. Use pause sharing, for example, if you want to open a file, but do not want participants to view your files and folders. To pause the shared application, click the Sharing icon and select Pause Sharing.
To resume sharing, click the Sharing icon and select Resume Sharing.
- Stop sharing. Use stop sharing when you are finished sharing an application, web browser, or desktop to ensure all participants return to the Meeting Room. To stop sharing the application, click on the Sharing icon and select Stop Application Sharing.