Best practices for an effective
Learn the habits and methods of effective conference leaders for the most successful conference calls.
1. Schedule your conference in advanceólast minute calls mean less participation from your target audience.
2. Prepare an agenda for your meeting.
3. Send out your agenda and any meeting materials to all participants in advance of the meeting.
4. Kick-off your meeting by introducing yourself, outlining the agenda, and providing the ground rules for your conference -- i.e., "This call will be interactive, please ask questions at any time," or "A question and answer session will follow immediately after the presentation".
5. Mute your line to reduce background noise on the conference call. If your phone does not have a mute button, press * six to mute your line and * six again to unmute. If you join a conference call from a cellular phone, please mute your phone to eliminate distracting noise and static. Press * six to mute your cellular phone and * six again to unmute your phone.
6. Try to avoid using speakerphone. However, if necessary, be sure to use the mute button when not speaking. Sometimes using a speakerphone can diminish the sound quality of your conference call.
7. While on a BT MeetMe call as a chairperson, achieve better sound quality by muting your participants' lines by pressing *five. This feature activates "presentation mode". Press * five again to deactivate "presentation mode".
8. NEVER under any circumstance, connect two conference calls together using the conference feature on the phone. This creates a condition called "cross-talk" that degrades the quality of all connected conference calls.
9. Anyone experiencing technical difficulties or sound quality issues should press * zero for assistance, and a conferencing coordinator will address their issues without interrupting your call.
10. Speak clearly and pause frequently when delivering complicated material.
11. Record your meeting so that participants who couldn't join the meeting can access it later. Press * eight to instantly record your audio conference.