BT Managed Event audio conferencing user guides
Learn more about BT Managed audio conferencing
View All User Guides
Best practices for an effective
BT Managed Event
These simple steps will help you make the most out of your BT Event Call.
- Set meeting times that work across time zones Remember your participants may be in time zones other than your own.
- Double check the confirmation email for accuracy Be sure to check the details of your confirmation email upon to receipt to ensure accuracy.
- Communication prior to the call is critical A BT Event Call Coordinator will contact you prior to your call to confirm details, discuss how the call is run, review web conferencing details, and answer last minute questions.
- Cancel a call If you must cancel your call, please contact the BT Conferencing Help Desk 24 hours prior to start time.
- Begin and end meetings on time If you are the host of the conference, call a few minutes early. Use the extra time to greet presenters or discuss any last minute concerns with the operator.
- For interactive conferences, participants may mute their phones by pressing * six If you have a large conference, your conference call will generally be listen only. However, if you have an interactive call, participants may mute and unmute their lines.
Note: If you are the host or speaker, the feature to mute/unmute does not apply.
Help is always available by pressing * zero For all BT Event Calls, the operator will be monitoring your call for help signals: * zero.
Note: For security reasons, the operator is not listening, but is monitoring the call in case of any issues.
- Remind participants about follow-up or review If you recorded the event, remind participants (and other invitees who did not attend the meeting) that there is replay and recording available (if applicable).
- Post-call features will be sent to host If host has requested post-call features, such as a participant list or a recording of the conference, this information will be sent after the conference.