Best practices for an effective
BT Managed Event
These simple steps will help you make the most out of your BT Event Call.
- Set meeting times that work across time zones Remember your participants may be in time zones other than your own.
- Double check the confirmation email for accuracy Be sure to check the details of your confirmation email upon to receipt to ensure accuracy.
- Communication prior to the call is critical A BT Event Call Coordinator will contact you prior to your call to confirm details, discuss how the call is run, review web conferencing details, and answer last minute questions.
- Cancel a call If you must cancel your call, please contact the BT Conferencing Help Desk 24 hours prior to start time.
- Begin and end meetings on time If you are the host of the conference, call a few minutes early. Use the extra time to greet presenters or discuss any last minute concerns with the operator.
- For interactive conferences, participants may mute their phones by pressing * six If you have a large conference, your conference call will generally be listen only. However, if you have an interactive call, participants may mute and unmute their lines.
Note: If you are the host or speaker, the feature to mute/unmute does not apply.
Help is always available by pressing * zero For all BT Event Calls, the operator will be monitoring your call for help signals: * zero.
Note: For security reasons, the operator is not listening, but is monitoring the call in case of any issues.
- Remind participants about follow-up or review If you recorded the event, remind participants (and other invitees who did not attend the meeting) that there is replay and recording available (if applicable).
- Post-call features will be sent to host If host has requested post-call features, such as a participant list or a recording of the conference, this information will be sent after the conference.