Getting started right away
- Choose which type of sharing is most appropriate for your presentation
- Initiate sharing
Ways to share content
There are several ways a presenter can share content using WebEx Meeting Center. You should choose the option that best balances the benefits and the takeaways
Present a Document
- Is faster and more bandwidth efficient than application or desktop sharing.
- Is ideal for sharing presentations or documents that you do not want to edit during the meeting.
- Lets you and participants annotate content.
- Does not let you edit the content during the meeting.
Share an Application
- Lets you edit the content of any presentation or document open in the application.
- Lets you grant attendees control of the application.
- Is ideal for software demonstrations.
- Lets you and attendees annotate the application and documents that are open in it.
- Requires more bandwidth than presentation or document sharing.
Share Your Desktop
- Lets you quickly share multiple applications at once.
- Lets you show any part of your desktop, including file directories.
- Lets you grant attendees control of your desktop, access files, and run applications.
- Lets you and attendees annotate your desktop and any applications.
- Requires the most bandwidth among sharing options.
- Lets an attendee with remote control access any part of your computer and modify any files, which may be a security concern.
How to share
Sharing content can be initiated from a number of places within WebEx Meeting Center:
- Quick Start Tab - Gives the host quick access to the most commonly used sharing options via icons directly through the meeting window.
- Toolbar Icons - Allows access from the tools bar at the top of the meeting sharing tab.
- Drop Down Menus - Allows access to the sharing options via the drop down menus at the top of the meeting window consistent with that of windows based programs.