Microsoft Office Live Meeting "How-to" Topics
Menu Bar Menu items and icons
Control your entire meeting by using the Live Meeting Menu Bar located at the top of the Live Meeting client window.
- Menu button. You can configure your account information and set your contact card options.
- Content. Presenters can share documents, applications, or their desktop with attendees.
- Attendees. You can view the list of attendees or the seating chart. Presenters can invite other attendees, mute the other attendees, or set attendee permissions.
- Voice & Video. You can start and stop your audio and video, mute your speakers or microphone, or adjust the volume of your speakers or microphone.
- Q&A. You can type questions for the presenter and presenters can type answers.
- Meeting. Shows meeting details, including meeting ID and entry code.
- Recording. Presenters can start, pause, or stop a recording of the meeting, including audio.
- Microphone mute icon. Click to mute or unmute your microphone.
- Webcam icon. Click to start or stop sending your video.
- Handouts.*You can download handouts that the presenter has added to the meeting.
- Shared Notes. You can create and save notes that all attendees can see.
- Feedback. You can change your feedback status; for example, to signal to the presenter to slow down.
Note:* The menu item Handout is only available to you if you are registered to use Office Live Meeting Professional Edition. These menu items are not available if you are registered to use Office Live Meeing Standard Edition. To find out which edition of Office Live Meeting you are using please refer to your welcome email.
The menu items in the meeting client are Moveable Panes — You can click a menu item, and then drag the title bar anywhere on your screen. For example, to open the Attendees pane, click Attendees, and then drag the title bar to the middle of the Live Meeting client window, as shown in Figure 1 below. You can also resize a pane or dock the pane along the left, right, or bottom edge of the window.
Figure 1. How to use the moveable panes