Microsoft Office Live Meeting "How-to" Topics
As the chairperson of a Live Meeting conference you have the option to record your meetings and save the recording to your Live Meeting service conference centre or your computer. No special hardware is needed for audio recording, even when recording audio in a PSTN phone conference.
When playing back the recording you have the option to use the content and speaker index that allows fast access to specific parts of the recording.
Shared and Personal Recordings
You have the option to either store your Live Meeting recording locally on your computer or on your Live Meeting server to share with authorized users.
* Note: The option to save the recording to the Live Meeting service is available to you if you are registered to use Office Live Meeting Professional Edition. This recording option is not available to you if you are registered to use Office Live Meeting Standard Edition. To find out which edition of Office Live Meeting you are using please refer to your welcome email.
Set your recording options
- Click Recording. If the recording pane contains both a To My Computer tab and a To Service tab, click one to specify where you want to save the recording. Then Click Options.
- In the Personal Recording Options dialog box, select all of the meeting options you want to record:
- Live webcam video
- Panoramic Roundtable video
- Multimedia files
- VoIP and PSTN audio
- Slide transitions
- pplication sharing
- If you want to change the location where the recorded meeting is saved, next to the Save To text box, click Change, and then navigate to the folder where you want to save your recording.
Record a meeting
- In the Recording pane, click Record.
- If the meeting uses computer audio, no further configuration is necessary. If the meeting uses telephone conferencing and you want to record audio but you have not yet joined the conference call, an Audio Not Configured dialog box appears.
- Select the Configure audio radio button, and then click OK.
- In the Telephone Audio Recording Configuration dialog box, in the Dialing keys text box, type the appropriate information, and then click Configure.
- When the message Your meeting is now ready to record audio from (phone number) appears, click Done.
When you use this method to connect to the conference call, there is an approximately one-minute delay before the meeting audio connects to the conference call and the audio begins recording.
- To save your recording, click the Stop icon, select Save Recording, and then click OK.
- To check the status of your recording, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, and then click Microsoft Office Live Meeting Recording Manager.
View a recording that is saved to your computer
- Click the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007, and then click Microsoft Office Live Meeting Recording Manager.
- In the Live Meeting Recording Manager dialog box, under Recent Recording, right-click the recording name, and then click Play.
View a recording that is saved to your Live Meeting service
- Log on to Live Meeting Manager.
- On the My Home page, under View, click Recordings.
- Under View recording, in the ID and Recording Key boxes, enter the recording ID and the recording key, respectively. By default, the recording key is the same as the meeting key. If the meeting did not require a meeting key, then by default no recording key is required.