Getting started right away
Schedule a WebEx Meeting
Using Microsoft Outlook®
Install the Outlook Plug-in
You can schedule WebEx conferences directly from your Outlook calendar by installing the Outlook plug-in.
- Close Outlook. Outlook must be closed while installing plug-in.
- Go to your organization's WebEx URL (for example https://btconferencing.webex.com) and select Log In located in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your User name and Password noted on your wallet card. Click Log In.
- In the left navigation bar, click Assistance.
- Click Support and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Find WebEx Integration to Outlook in the Downloads section and click on the download link.
- Click Run.
- Click Finish.
Schedule and invite participants
- In Outlook, schedule a new appointment or meeting in your calendar as you usually would by opening the New Meeting function in Outlook. Enter the meeting topic, attendees, and time.
- Click the Add WebEx Meeting, you will be presented with a pop up window where you set the options for your WebEx meeting. When done with settings, click OK.
- Click Send in your Outlook invite to finish. Outlook then sends meeting invites to all attendees, including a link to join the meeting. Outlook also adds the meeting to your calendar with a link to start/attend the meeting as the host.